Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SEAFOOD CHOWDAH


Time for some chowdah!  In my constant attempt to do the least work possible in preparing meals, I thought it might be a smashing idea to buy some soup starters.  So far, I'm 0 for 1.  I very much enjoyed the corn chowder I made...as it was going down the drain.  Blech.  So here was my second attempt at a chowder and it was pretty decent, although I think it could have been dressed up with a bit of carrots, celery, and maybe some actual seafood (yeah, whoda thunk it).

Just a note, there's not really a recipe for this as was straight off the box and I unfortunately threw out the box before I could write this post.  But if you want to make some of your own, just go to your local Ross and find this box:


Also, I'd like to offer a tip when making soup from a mix: add the wet ingredients gradually.  Mix them in at maybe half-cup intervals and you'll avoid the nasty lumps that often occur when using a mix.

This tip also works for gravies and sauces -- anything where you have fine powders combining with liquid.


Bottom line on this one is it's okay.  Like I said, some veggies and some seafood chunks probably would have brought it to another level.  I paired it with my Alabama Fire Crackers, which was a nice combo that I recommend.  Anyway, it's a good place to start but not necessarily stellar on its own.

Official Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment