Monday, November 21, 2011

BEVERAGES -- A KEEPER & A LOSER


So besides all the food, there are a few drinkables I needed to get out of the way, namely lemonade and grenadine.  And on top of that, why not throw in some frozen fruit and frozen fruit icey sticks for good measure.


LEMON-BERRY SLUSHIE INGREDIENTS:
1 tray mini frozen lemonade cubes (just freeze some Crystal Light lemonade in a mini ice cube tray)
1/2 cup frozen cranberries
1 Fruit Chillers Freeze & Eat Tube (strawberry)
2/3 c. Crystal Light lemonade
1 tbsp. sugar (or more, to taste)

LEMON-BERRY SLUSHIE DIRECTIONS:
1. Add lemonade cubes, cranberries, and fruit chiller tube to blender and pulse until things are chopped up a bit.


2. Add 1/3 c. lemonade and sugar, blend, then add the other 1/3 c. and blend.


3. Enjoy!


GINGER ALE & GRENADINE INGREDIENTS:
1 can ginger ale
dash of grenadine


GINGER ALE & GRENADINE DIRECTIONS:
Really? Do I need to tell you?

It make a really pretty beverage, but unfortunately doesn't taste very good in my opinion.  See, one thing I've discovered from this mini-experiment was that I do not like grenadine.  Not in the slightest.  Why, you ask, would I own a bottle then?  Well, it had absolutely nothing to do with drinking it.  I was testing about ten recipes for fake movie blood and one of them included grenadine.  But when I'd only used half a bottle of it, I figured it would be a shame to waste the rest and that I'd use it at some point.  Let me tell you, I tried like the dickens to like it, but not being a fan of cherry-flavored cough syrup, I whole-heartedly reject it.

Official Grade for Lemon-Berry Slushie: A
Official Grade for Ginger Ale & Grenadine: F

No comments:

Post a Comment