Monday, November 21, 2011

CORNMEAL PIZZA CRUST


Another quickie -- this is a great go-to pizza crust but not what you would normally think of.  It's got kind of a crunchy element to it since it's main ingredient is cornmeal, but I really liked it and I hope you do to.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. water
2 tbsp. olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 200F.
2. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.


3. Make well in the center and add water and olive oil.
4. Combine and knead for about 8 minutes until the dough is elastic and shiny.


5. Roll out to make a crust and use the cooking directions for your favorite pizza.  OR you can do what I did a bake it on it's own -- in crust or breadstick form --15-20 minutes or until golden.


Of course, I had no cheese, no tomatoes, nothing that traditionally goes on a pizza.  But a woman I worked with over the summer mentioned Disneyland had a peanut butter and jelly pizza.  Well...why not?


I wouldn't necessarily do the PB&J thing again, but those breadsticks are boss with some plain ol' melted butter.

Official Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment